Can I just say that I may be the slowest person on the planet. For my birthday (back in November) I received a food processor as a gift from my amazing mother. And to my downfall, I did not begin using it until .. the day before yesterday. Sad. Turns out, it is the greatest invention of all time. Had I known it was the greatest invention of all time, I would have used it sooner!
This picture (which I nerdily took myself) demonstrates it's amazing ability to grate a pound of cheese in less than 1 minute.
Yes, I know you are drooling. Or perhaps saying, "Wow, she really does get excited about little things." And I'd have to agree with you, because it's true.
So on this beautiful Mother's day, I would like to thank my fantastically above average mother (not only for the food processor) but for inspiring me to make the world a better place to live in! Donna Kelly is a full time child abuse Prosecutor for Utah County, and has worked tirelessly the past twenty some odd years contributing to the legal system and fighting the injustices of abused and neglected children in the courtroom.
She is always pushing herself to be a better person, and grow in her talents and skills. Over the last couple of years she has cultivated her love for cooking, and began writing and publishing cookbooks as a side job (as if she wasn't busy enough!). She has written "101 Things to do with Chicken", "101 Things to do with a Tortilla", "101 Things to do with a Can of Soup", "101 Things to do with Tofu", and "French Toast-Sweet & Savory Dishes for Every Meal" and is currently whipping up a book on Quesadillas, and one on Appetizers! She and my half sister Anne entered their Ultimate Veggie Chili onto the Food Network's Ultimate Recipe Showdown, and got chosen to participate in the show, and it got second in it's category, truly a feat! She just started a very handy new food blog for the frugally minded, which she writes with Anne, and my Dad takes all the picts!
She is the woman that never stops, and I couldn't have asked for a better Mother and example in my life. So thank you Mom, you truly are an inspiration!



3 comments:
Ok, i'm still crying as I am typing this comment - Wow! Thanks, Amy.
It is YOU who are the inspiration to ME!!!
Your mom was on Ultimate recipe showdown?!?!?!?!? That's so cool. Did it already air? I'm gonna have to find it.
Sheri! My half sis Anne went on with the recipe, it is in the Comfort Food episode, they had three categories - chili and sandwiches in that episode. It aired a couple months ago but you might be able to find it online!
Post a Comment