Saturday, May 30, 2009

Attack of the surf board

The last day of our trip, I had quite the unfortunate incident.

We wanted to go surfing, and probably should have chose a spot with smaller waves in retrospect, but we went to Sunset beach (north shore). Chris and I went out, Chris on a paddle board, me on a smaller board, and we caught some waves (and by we I mean Chris).

As I was coming into shore a wave flipped me, launching my board into my arm, and dragging me (the board is connected to your foot with a tether) up on shore. To my horror, my top came about to my neckline. Yup. Free show. Quickly I recovered, fixed my tankini, and dragged myself and my board up out of the water. Good thing I'll never see any of those people again, yowzas.

Here is a progression of my arm after the incident.
And yesterday, my megabruise just happened to match my shirt. What luck.
And there you have it. One more embarrassing story to add to Amy's hall of shame.

9 comments:

Johanna said...

That looks awful! Love the Hawaii pictures!!

Katie Rod said...

Woah, that is quite the bruise! I know it's an embarrassing story, but I have to admit, it's pretty funny too. I am glad you all had a fabulous time!

Sara Newton said...

I had a similar experience on our honeymoon wihtout the added bruising...Yikes-o-rama!

Kate said...

Hahahahahahahahahh hahahahahah hahahahahahhaah!

Nat said...

Holy cow, what a story!! Bet that bruise is pretty painful too! Now that you're back we'll bring the guitar over.

Donna said...

Well, somtimes misfortune does have its benefits - Now at least you won't want to move to the North Shore and be a Surfer Girl.

Sarah said...

ha! that is quite embarrassing. and quite a beautiful bruise. but, at least you were in hawaii when it happened!

Terrific Thomas' said...

Hey, only good trips have at least one embarrassing story!!

Chrizelle said...

Bruises fade but that marvelous tan will remain. Pain is beauty!