Tuesday, February 24, 2009

4 More Years!!

You thought I was shouting a presidential incumbency, didn't you..? Well no. I was shouting my excitement for my past four years with a-Chris-a!
On this day four years ago, Chris and I became an official couple! And as a celebration, I will share with you our slightly romantic/slightly embarassing/slightly awesome first kiss story.

First off, we were sitting in his apartment full of boys in the back. The kind of boys that play saxophone as loud as they can to the tune of "kiss the girl". . .whilst we tried to pretend not to hear them. Once we managed to tune them out (i.e. throw our shoes at the hallway door) we started watching M.J.'s Thriller music video. Yup, we're diehard fans. Yes yes, he is a freak-fest now a day, but come on, he was awesome. And Chris decided that even though Thriller was playing...he couldn't help it, and gave me our first kiss! Hence the inscription on the inside of my wedding ring, "Always a Thriller".
These four years have been such an adventure, and have brought me more growth than I could have thought possible. I love my life, I love my husband, and I can't imagine facing the challenges life has brought and will continue to bring with anyone but this amazing human.

Here's to the next four years!

10 comments:

karlee said...

hahaha thriller. beautiful.

Amy said...

I totally remember when you came back to the apt and said Chris kissed you!! Those were such fun days. :) Seems like just yesterday. Happy 4 years!

Lauren Davison said...

Hooray! That's such a funny story! :)

Katie Rod said...

wow, you all are getting old!!! Ha ha! Tom and I just celebrated our how-in-the-world-has-it-already-been-four-years in January. And I love the Thriller story. I guess you'll never watch dancing zombies the same way again.

And hey, did you all decide on a grad school yet? We haven't heard any good news from the schools Tom has applied to yet (still waiting on a few others), but we are hoping!

Kika VilaNova said...

Aw I LOVE these pictures! You two are so cute together and those pics are so romantic!!!

Four more years and eternity!! :)

hugssss

Travis and Becca said...

I can't believe it has been 4 years. Insane! You guys are awesome!

Donna said...

Congrats to one of the cutest couples EVER.

Kate said...

Felicidades!

Johanna said...

I can't believe it's been 4 years! Congratulations!

TD Quong said...

I want to see your ring! That was adorable!