I love Christmas. Who doesn't I guess? I decided to do a Christmas tag, to get me in the spirit! So here goes!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I'm not the best wrapper, but I prefer wrapping..it's the thought that counts. Either that or take presents to BYU Gift Wrapping..wink wink.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Oh real all the way. Dang tiny apartment..
3. When do you put up the tree? This year we actually put it up on like December 1st, which is highly irregular..seeing as we usually procrastonate stuff like that.
4. When do you take the tree down? Umm.. Usually around the 1st week of Jan. I am gonna hold strong on this...last year at my work our Christmas tree got turned into the Valentines tree, then the easter tree, cancer awareness tree....man, it has to stop somewhere.
5. Do you like eggnog? Mmm. Eggnog. I do. Never buy it though. odd.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember getting a really sweet art set that I loved...yay chalk pastels.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Probably my brother Matt. He loves getting presents for other people, but he never tells people what he wants for himself! What a good guy.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Either Kate or Becca. Plus girls are easier to buy for in general. Maybe because I am a girl I am more in tune with what they'd want...but then again boys always want video games. haha.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Well we didn't think so, until we found one by chance in our coat closet the other day...Yay random nativity scene!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Oh definitely email now. Christmas blog style newslettters :)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever recieved? Oh I've had a lot. Mostly gag gifts though..like when my brother gave me a safe, and inside were cans of diced jalepeno peppers. Yup. You heard me.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Definitely Muppet Christmas Carol. Its a family tradition.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Well. Right now. I mean tomorrow. I am GOING to start tomorrow! :()
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Um yes. White elephant presents are always recycled around here.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My grandma's tamales. mmmmmmmmmmmm. so good.
16. Lights on the tree? Umm yes. Of course! And around our front window. Woo woooo.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Song for a Winter's Night - Sarah McLachlan.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year, staying home. Next year, traveling (to home)!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, prancer, donner, vixon, comet, cupid, somethin and blitzen..rudolf. Did I get them all? hmm.
20. Angel on the top of tree or star? Well right now it has a little peacock looking bird. Does that count?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both! We do family presents to each other xmas eve, santa presents xmas day. Yup. Still do the Santa presents and all of my sibblings are 20+.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Commercialism. But I get over it...'cause its such a happy time!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Umm I haven't done a theme, but I'm digging the silver ornaments and tree decor.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Well, the tamales of course, but also my Mom's mexican wedding cake cookies...and shrimp cocktail on xmas eve...and wassel...and prettymuch any type of homemade rolls. yay for food.
SO there you have it! My favorite things about Christmas! I tag anyone who feels so inclined!



4 comments:
I love mexican wedding cake cookies, too, but haven't really thought of them as a Christmas cookie. Thanks for the idea!
Thansk, Ames, for a fun post, as always!
And, speaking of wrapping presents at BYU bookstore:
It is going to take THREE HOURS to open all the crazy gifts from Dad this year - Have you seen our sitting room? You can hardly walk in there!
Happy Christmas!!!!
uh are you sure the worst gift you ever received wasn't the white elephant that you gave me for our work party? haah
hahaha. True. That was a pretty bad one. But your friend wanted it! Re-gift!
Post a Comment