Monday, December 29, 2008

Best surprise ever/Christmas Snowman/and a ski trip!

We weren't expecting sis Kate and bro in law Neil to show up for the holidays until today, December 29th. So on Christmas Eve, we were more than pleasantly surprized when they rushed through the doors and shouted xmas greetings!

*picture not necessarily candid

Christmas this year was better than hoped for. Here is one of our fun family traditions: My Dad likes to buy everyone (and I mean everyone- sibblings, cousins, brothers of brother-in-law's, guys my brother takes care of at Chrysallis, you name it) especially awesome personalized DI presents. He then gets them professionally wrapped at the BYU Bookstore. How could it get greater? Here are some of us with our awesome loot.

We even decided to make a gigantic snowman, so that if a helicopter was flying overhead..they could definitely spot it. Luckily we have bro Matt's superstrength.

(check out those sweet 8Os gloves...that's right)

After realizing it was too late to do twilight skiing at Sundance, we booked it over to Brighton on Friday to do some night skiing.

It seems that every year I somehow forget how freezing night skiing is. In case you were wondering how cold, it was 0 degrees at the base. At the BASE. Translation: it was negative degrees at the top of the mountain. yikes. Kate and I had to wear large down vests under our coats, incase you were wondering why we look like marshmellos. Good thing the skiing was worth the cold.

5 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

I do not like being cold. Not one bit. And also--nice snowman. :)

Tim and Johanna said...

It was so fun to see you! We serve as an eye-witnesses...that snowman was HUGE!!!

Kika VilaNova said...

fun pictures!!! :)

TD Quong said...

Did you get new gloves for Christmas?
I am very very impressed by that gigantic snowman. I don't know why but I really love looking at people's snow creations. Did you see the Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus that was on University Ave? Yeah, they were very righteous snowpeople.

Amy Jane said...

hahaha..yeah we got new gloves. Had to retire the good old 80s ones. And NO- I didn't see the righeous snowpeople..maybe next year!