Sunday, December 14, 2008

First snow of the season!

Chris and I got to go skiing for the first time this season yesterday, and it was a blast! We went to Brighton's 'ski for gold' and got some cheap tickets (yay!). It snowed the ENTIRE time we were there, and needless to say, the powder was amazing!
We went with our boarding friends the Quongs, who knew skiing with snowboarders could be so fun? (just kiddin ;) 
Gotta love the half serious/half smiley couple pict. The best part was when I realized that I had somehow gotten an 'ice-dread': half icicle/half dreadlock on a part of my hair that had escaped from my beanie. Luckily ice melts and my hair turned back to normal! The shin deep powder made the bitter-freezingness worth it, and we can't want to go again soon!

5 comments:

Katie Rod said...

How fun! The landscape looks gorgeous. But, I do like that I got to wear shorts down here in Texas today. Got to love the South!!

Johanna said...

That looks COLD!! We broke a record last night at -17 degrees!! Want to come visit? :)

elise and jeff said...

That looks fun...I've only been skiing once when I was 12 on the bunny slop and I was even bad then!

Mrs. S said...

Holy cow! What a lot of snow! We really miss Utah. Enjoy the beautiful snow out there.

Donna said...

See what you'll be missing?

Chris - I'm sure that you will now want to go to the U of U, right? Huh? Huh?

And, BYU games LIVE?

And, your awesome mother in law?