Saturday, September 13, 2008

BYU(59) versus UCLA(0)

So the guy in front of the Johnny Harline poster looks just like Johnny Harline. I added a picture of the real Johnny Harline. Click on the picture and take a closer look. You be the judge. "Hey guys, come meet me by my poster." I'm about 85% positive it's him.

Amy and our friend Rachel during halftime(it was already 42-0)


Final score and stats. What a beautiful sight.

Amy and I just got back from the BYU UCLA game. BYU beat them 59-0. It was UCLA's worst loss in their entire history. BYU really needed to make a statement after eeking out a win last week. Anyways, they played this video before the game. It represented what happened in the game very well. BYU was protecting their BCS bowl hopes (the little cub) and UCLA did pretty much nothing, just like the bear or Bruin in this video. It was one of the best BYU games I've seen . . . and I've seen a lot.

9 comments:

Ashley and Zane said...

Amy, I am so glad to see your blog!! I totally lost touch with everyone after we all moved and it is nice to see what is going on with you and Chris! I still remember how it all started with FHE!!!!

Anonymous said...

GO COUGS!!!

Donna said...

Football, schmootball.

Now, if we're talking REAL fierce comptetition, Iron Chef America is the real deal.

Chris said...

I think a team of Iron Chefs could have beat UCLA on Saturday.

Amy Jane said...

haha. Iron Chefs could have definitely beat UCLA. (hint: UCLA sucks). AS DOES THE PAC-10!

Anonymous said...

The Moutain West went 4 for 4 against the Pac10 on Saturday!

I'm definitely getting a little tired of the "oh, well, they're in the Moutain West, so it doesn't really count" attitude.

Donna said...

Iron Chefs rule!

Masaharu Morimoto is the ultimate champion. He and his knife skills would leave the bruins in the dust.

Chris said...

JP, I couldn't agree with you more. I'm sick and tired of the PAC-10's superiority complex. I remember the Las Vegas Bowl two years ago when BYU played against Oregon. The Oregon coach said before the game that BYU couldn't compete in the PAC-10. BYU went on to completely dominate them 38-8. The coach was asked afterward if he stood by his statement. He said he did! They can't get over themselves. The new name circulating around the media for the PAC-10 is "USC and the 9 dwarfs". That's pretty fitting. There's even talk that if USC goes the national championship, a mountain west team should take the PAC-10's spot in the Rose Bowl. That would be sweet, but it will never happen because of the money involved. BYU and the mountain west are the BCS's worst nightmare. Hopefully we shake things up.

Lauren Davison said...

I vote YES on the Johnny Harline poster. :)