Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"Happy Birthday slash Father's Day to You.."

And that is exactly how we sang the birthday song.. You might be wondering, "Wow, how often does Father's day and your Mom's birthday land on the same day." Well, every seven years to be precise..(not taking into account leap year, which totally skrews with my conception of time). So as you can see, Sunday was quite the day for the Kelly front. Instead of getting a present from each of the kids to each parent, we decided to do one big present and send them to the homestead in midway this weekend. Yay for amazing parents!

"El viejo" = old guy. (Which is what his friends at the car shop refered to him as after my Dad had them help with the 'rack on a rack' episode of putting a car top carrier on to an already shelled truck..). My Dad sure does love a good personalized license plate. Other beloved past and present plates of his include: HRNEWS, pwdrbmr, bmerama, cwbybmr, NEWSCO, TheWest, bluehvn, WnmTrbl, and my personal fave: tokolob. Poor Jake (my lil bro) always got asked, "What the heck is Tokolob?" as if it was one word (toe-ka-lawb).
We also played a really fun game involving icecream...(one of my favorite things...). I'm surprised I have never thought of playing this, but we did an ice cream taste testing game. We were given spoonfuls of unknown icecream and had to guess the flavor. . dang you butter pecan!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Good ol' vanity plates. I remember when only the largest fit of all time kept me from "HRTEEN" which is what dad wanted my first license plate to be. Awful!

Tim and Johanna said...

The ice cream game sounds really fun - I have never thought of playing that before either! Happy Birthday to your mom! :)

Donna said...

Thanks for this post Ames.

The reason we have so much fun at our house is because of the amazing people who frequent it!!

You guys are awesome!

Lauren Davison said...

Paha. The first time I read that license plate I thought it said, "Elvie Jo." And I was confused. But no longer.

Kristyn said...

I just saw your comment, and I can't believe your sister Anne was on the show!! That is incredible. I'll have to go look it up on the FN website!

Jennifer said...

Haha! I thought it was "elvie jo", too! You should call him that now.