Monday, October 12, 2009

Slacker

That's what I am. I have been meaning to post for ages. I didn't really mean for this blog to become an every other month posting...or every two months..shoot! I have resolved myself to facebook less (yuck) and blog more.

We have had an amazing end of the summer! We wakeboarded it up all through the end of August and through September (thanks to another sweet magazine ad trade of my Dad's for some free boats ;). We even went the weekend before last....but had to wear wetsuits...and it was still freezing. I think we're officially done for the year.

Here's Chris being amazing..
And me trying to be amazing.
Here's our finished red kitchen project (we have skills!)

And coming soon . . . UNLV and San Diego State road games. We're road trippin it down through so we can go to both. And Disneyland in between. So excited about this.

But mostly so excited to go with my amazing brothers/sisters in law and their adorable children. My sister in law had the greatest convo with her kids when she told them about the trip. She told them they were going to the beach and they were excited, then told them they were going to Disneyland and they got a little more excited, and then told them Amy and Bud (Chris's name to his family) were coming with them and they started screaming with happiness. So great. There aren't a lot of things we love more than being an aunt and uncle. Here's some proof of our love of uncle / aunt-dom:




And post script . . HAPPY OCTOBER!! (I need a costume idea pronto!)

5 comments:

Katie Rod said...

Good to see you are back to blogging. And can I just say the kitchen looks fabulous!!! I love red kitchens and it turned out great. Good job! And I am pretty jealous about going to Disneyland at Halloween time. But, have a great time with your family!!!

Anonymous said...

i tried to wake board before! it didn't work :(

hope your doing well!

Mom and Dad said...

Yay! Yay! YAY!!! A new post - such a great one, too.

Thanks Amy - You are such a great Auntie.

Kate said...

Wa-hoo! for a new blog post!!! We need more pics of the hacienda!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

the kitchen looks awesome. i was wondering when you were actually going to post something! it has been too long. looks like you guys have been having lots of fun. i am jealous about disneyland!