Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Potential new diggs

I say potential because we still have to close . . but everything else is pretty finalized! The appraisal was just above what we got it for (which is good!), they fixed everything from the inspection, and now we just have to close on Thursday and if all goes well we'll be moving this coming week! We still have our apartment for the next month (no one seemed to want to sublet for just one month on craigslist, go figure). Yay for having a landlord that sells your contract after telling you that you can find someone to take your spot. . oy.

It is a little townhouse in Murray near the new hospital up there. We'll be 15min from downtown SLC and about 35/40 min from Provo. Chris starts research at the U next week, and I'll be . . . commuting! Ugh. Hopefully I'll have more luck and will be able to find a job in SLC in this crazy economy..but until then I get to commute at 4:45am 3x a week. yikes. The other two days I'll still be commuting, just not quite so early.

Here are some picts for your viewing pleasure.
The nice 80's exterior..
Main floor living . .
Basement. .
Upstairs bath. .
and my fave. . a garage!
So at this moment we are packing up and getting ready to haul our life 30 miles north! Turns out we have more stuff than I thought! Exact moving date . . still to be determined. Saturday or Monday. Or both. Or beyond.

12 comments:

karlee said...

Exciting!

Katie Rod said...

Congrats on the new purchase! Looks great. And we hear you on having more stuff than you originally thought. Even with all our moves, I still can't believe how much stuff my own little family can have. Packing and moving are not fun, but nice when it's all said and done! Good luck!

Donna said...

Brings back sweet memories of the 800 square foot home that was the first home for Dad and me.

Congrats!

Lauren Davison said...

AH! Yea! So exciting!

Nat said...

Amy! So exciting! I had heard the rumor so I am excited you got it!

Sara Newton said...

Can I just say yay? Yay!!!! I love it. I think having a garage will be fun...and more space than you've ever had as a married couple! That's so exciting! We move the week after you move in. I can feel the bliss of space right now....by the way, try having a kid and then moving, you have 3 times as many things after that because they keep growing out of stuff and you have to buy more and save it because of the next one! ARG! Anyway, this is my way of saying congratulations. If you'd like some food after you move in, we just might have left overs we can't take (and by left overs, I mean non-prepared food in the fridge/freezer we can't take with us to Illinois).

Sarah said...

that's so soon!!! i love how it looks, but i'm sad you are leaving so soon...

Melanie said...

It's beautiful. I especially love the bathroom and garage. Hope the last few weeks go smoothly!

Carolyn said...

Congrats on your new place! It looks awesome! Good luck with commuting! I did it for about a year and a half... it's not so bad! I knew one guy who learned Spanish while he commuted to work everyday. I wasn't that adventurous, but it's a thought!

Tim and Johanna said...

Congratulations! How exciting! Just think of my commute of an hour and a half each way when you're driving. It'll make you feel better! :)

Kate said...

Woo-woo. I think it looks nice. The fireplace will be nice for those Utah winters. An besides, the 80s are in fashion!!

A "cheery" disposition said...

love the hardwood floors. Very cute place.