Wow I haven't said 'psyche' in a long time. I'm glad I said 'potential' new diggs in my last post.....because turns out the deal fell through.
It's a long horribly annoying story to tell, but to sum up: to get an FHA loan on a house you have to have either less than 10% of the complex FHA, or 100% of the complex FHA. . . and apparently just barely 10% of the townhouses in the complex were FHA. Soooo, we could have either waited for all 99 townhouses to get FHA approved (would take months) or we could have tried to get a conventional loan. So, we tried to do conventional - but turns out the rules have changed on conventional and you now have to put down 10% of the house in a downpayment for condos/townhouses for conventional. Yeah. We don't exactly have 15k lying around to put down.
Hence, we are still in our apartment! Luckily our contract isn't up till August 20th.
But that also means.. we have to find a place, be closed, moved. . by August 20th.
Yikes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I don't know if you'd be into this, but if you need a place to stay for a couple weeks between houses you guys are welcome to stay with us! It would be like the longest sleepover ever!
Ditto for the Kelly compound. Anytime. For a day or for ever!
Oh the joys of buying a home! We went through all that fun stuff! It never goes smoothly, but it is all worth it when you end up in your own house! A few months ago we bought our new townhouse. Brand new and all FHA loans. I think they might be still selling. I also know of another place, also in Sandy. Email me if you are interested in some info. I also know a fantastic realtor (if you don't already have one), and the best part is since you are not selling it will be free!!
wow, good luck. Hope you find a place. You can stay with us until you close on one. That would be fun!
I'm sure you'll find something even better! Good luck with the search!
Post a Comment