Tuesday, March 17, 2009

PA and the Paparazzi

We just got back from visiting Hershey, PA (the sweetest place on earth...as the very blurry photo says).
We loved it there! So much that we went to the Hershey's Chocolate World three times. You heard me. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (its free). Mainly we went for the free sample at the end of the pretend chocolate factory tour...but it was worth it! Here is Chris on our little chocolate factory ride...head chopped off and everything.We spend three days Hershey trying to decide if that is where we are going to live for the next eight years. Its a hard decision, but we're getting closer and closer to a final decision so I'm excited about that.
Exploring the PA wilderness (nobody there calls it Pennsylvania...its "PA". weird)
Then yesterday we explored Philadelphia, and got to see all of the revolutionary sites, it was really fun! We even saw Dick Cheney and family touring Independence Hall/The Liberty Bell right when we were there (with massive amounts of secret service might I add..). So we did some paparazzi work and managed to get this picture..
We even pretended to be Rocky and ran the steps at the Museum of Art.
And of course I had to do it with phillycheesesteaks in hand..
And this is my favorite picture from the trip. The intersection of Chocolate Ave and Cocoa Ave. With the chocolate factory behind it, and one of the many Hershey's kiss lamp posts. So cute.
Living in a land of chocolate could definitely have its perks (and setbacks: I would each chocolate every day of my life. hmm).

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

8 comments:

Kika VilaNova said...

wow you guys are always travelling and having so much fun!! :)

hugs!

Sarah said...

love the pics!

Sara Newton said...

Hey, that's pretty sweet. I think that the chocolate would almost make it an easy choice! (except I don't like a whole lot of chocolate, but symphony bars with toffee are pretty good). We'll be in PA in a week and a half and we'll do similar tours that you're doing, except I don't think we'll be hitting Hershey, but I almost want to just for fun. It's probably a little out of the way for us though.

But yay for narrowing down where you would like to go!

Katie Rod said...

what a fun trip! Good luck in your final decision!!

Johanna said...

Those are some great pictures!! Looks like you had a lot of fun. When is your deadline to make the decision?

Amy Jane said...

The deadline is April 15th...so about a MONTH! Crazyness. We're hoping to know at least a week before that though so we won't have to scramble to make a decision.

Nat said...

Very cool! I went to PA in October and LOVED it! If you move there you MUST try the "water ice" in the summertime if you've never had it before. Divine!

TD Quong said...

I am SO glad that you went to the Chocolate Factory three times. Did you get a different treat each time? I wondered how often they change them....
Your Philly cheesesteaks in hand is one of the most amazing pictures I've ever seen. Way to be cooler than Rocky by adding the cheesesteaks.
Thanks for sharing your mint kisses from Hershey. They were amazing.
Good luck making your decision. I don't envy you at all. PA or UT is quite a big difference!