Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ode to November

I love November! Though it does have the increasing fridgidness factor, there are many great aspects of November. Reasons firstly being that my birthday is in November (always exciting), then of course Thanksgiving = lots of delicious food, and we get to VOTE! Election day is typically on my birthday, but this year it isn't! This year I had the opportunity to vote EARLY which was awesome! On Thursday I went across the street from my work to the Administration building to vote, but the line was so long that people were saying it would be an HOUR and a HALF wait! Not being a typically overly patient person, I promptly left and went back to work. Then on Halloween, they had moved the voting to my work building (the Health and Justice Building) in order to accommodate the masses, and so I was able to assess the line and see when would be the best time to jump in. This is what it looked like for most of the day.And that wasn't even the longest line they had! The best part was that a lot of people in line had halloween costumes...we had many witches and jokers voting this year. Once I finally braved the line length, it actually went pretty fast. It only took me about 25min to get up, and back down the hallway and curve around to the voting booths! I am so amazed at how many came out to vote early! Word on the street is if people come out to vote at this high of a percentage on Nov. 4th, we'll have 80% of voters in Utah actually coming out to vote! I think that is truly great. I even got to add my little "I Voted" sticker to my crashing stockmarket halloween costume, what a treat!

Though Friday technically was October 31st, and can't technically be included in an Ode to November, I just have to mention one great thing. Friday I went as both Dow and Jones, and Chris did a spontaneous costume change. We went and raided my Dad's closet and dressed Chris as Jim Kelly. Being the car washing maniac that my Dad is, the best part of the costume was definitely the bucket and towell.
Oh the cowboy lasso shirt, white tennies, and fitovers.. gotta love it.

4 comments:

TD Quong said...

I wondered what Chris was...I thought it was a cowboy. Haha, I guess it was an inside joke unless you know your dad. ;) Thanks for inviting us to your par-tay. It was fun!

Sara Newton said...

That costume is great! Gotta love the Jim Kelly look-a-like costume!

Kate said...

BEST COSTUME EVER!

Nackos Family said...

That's exactly what happened to us when we went to vote early. They said it would take an hour and a half, so we went to another location 15 minutes away and there was nobody there. Great costume, Chris!