Monday, August 25, 2008

The peace garden state

We made it back from the road trip of death. If you haven't taken a 42 hr road trip, consider yourself lucky. It makes the trip home to Oregon seem like a breeze. We made our way through Jackson Hole and Yellowstone, on through Montana (where Chris got pulled over for speeding, no endless speedlimit on the MT interstate anymore, turns out..the lucky duck got off with a warning) and on to ND.
Old Faithful
We had tons of fun with my aunts, uncles and cousins. I hadn't seen any of them since 2002 (and some of then since before that!) so it was definitely a much needed visit. I got to visit my little 2 1/2 year old cousin Rylee for the first time, and she is definitely a delight.
This is Chris showing his skills on Lake Cormorant. We got to spend a day at my aunt Susie and Barry's lake house in Minnesota (just over the ND border) and it was a blast!

Chris has much greater skill at wakeboarding..I am a fan, but can only seem to stay in the wake or go directly to the right and stay there..not quite sure how to cross back yet..someday.

And, the biggest feat of the trip: We got my MOM to go tubing. Mom, you're awesome.

On the way back we got to stop at Mt. Rushmore. It was pretty spectacular..somehow we felt the need to pose like the ye old presidents. We look just like them, I'm sure.

Overall it was an awesome, awesome trip. But next time, I'm flying.

11 comments:

Johanna said...

I'm glad you survived the 42 hour road trip! Cute pictures - I love the Mt. Rushmore one!

Mrs. S said...

Wow! What a road trip! It looks like you guys had a blast though!!!

TD Quong said...

Welcome back! Glad you made it both ways! ;)

elise and jeff said...

What a fun vacay...I have ALWAYS wanted to see Mt. Rushmore!!! Lucky!

Chris said...

If you want to see the exact route we took, click here.

-Chris

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

If you want to see all our trip pics click here.

Amy said...

I feel the same way about road trips--I love to see all the fun stuff, but man, I can't sit in the car that long. Love the Mt. Rushmore picture! Your family is always having so much fun together. :)

Kate said...

Ha! Road tripping with dad somehow seems to take twice as long.
You'll have to road trip down here soon. Eh, eh??

Donna said...

Road trips when you're in good company are the best!

Leah Florence said...

I've never been on a trip that long..wow! It sounds liek you ahd a blast though. We miss you guys!