Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Showdown
Chris and I are dog people. If only we had a yard, or at least a house to keep one in. But alas, our apartment complex does not allow animals, and the only alternative to satisfying our want for a pet is to get.. fish. So a couple weeks ago we decided to go ahead and get a 20 gallon tank. That's right, we jumped right in, none of this solo beta fish bowl business. We've got the filter, a heater, bubbly-er.., fake plants, and even some actual shells in there! We have been adding fish slowly (as to not kill them all due to the Nitrate/amonia levels, thanks Jay's Jungle girl). This past weekend we added four Neon Tetras to the tank. Our other two plati's weren't too happy about the fantastic four. (We're still tryin to come up with a name for the four..the fab four like the beatles perhaps.. or maybe we'll stick with our theme and go with the Freighters..) Once we put the fish (still in bag) into the aquarium Echo would immediately start ramming himself into the clear plastic bag...either to intimidate or perhaps just for fun..who really knows..but we got a kick out of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Wow, 20 gallons! That's very exciting that you have a new fish family, and we're even more excited that Chris officially applied to Colorado. Although I (Johanna) am still rooting for Seattle. :)
HAHAHAHAHA. Dumb fish! :) I really like neon tetras. And yes, I actually know what they are!
Wow! You guys go all out! I hope your leg is feeling better--I could barely look at the picture! :) And Happy Birthday to Chris! Hope you guys are having an awesome summer!
Ok, fish are just funny creatures! I'm so glad you have something in your house like fish that can at least do something to entertain you!
amy haha you are hilarious. what did you end up naming them?
-love how i could just ask you in person at work. haha
Karlee! We named them Echo, Yemi and the fab four. (Echo and Yemi the Lost characters...we're obsessed :)
Post a Comment