Time for me to share my favorite picts and memories from the trip. Come to find, Cancun is basically the Las Vegas of Mexico. We only spent one full day in this bustling concrete mecca, while spending the other eight in Akumal (an hour and a half south of Cancun), Tulum, Playa del Carmen and one day in Isla Mujeres (the Island of Women). In retrospect we are soooo glad we stayed south in the solitude of Akumal rather than stay in the hotelzone of Cancun. (Though we did have one culture escape: watching Iron Man at the only english showing at 10:20pm :)Chris attempting to be a local.

Random sign discovered while on the Siankan ecological reserve tour.
Pretty flowers, playa Maya.
Our awesome, awesome matching tees, Chichen Itza.
My brother Jake and my Dad jumping into the Cenote freshwaters, just next to the ruins of Chichen Itza.
Us boating around Isla Mujeres.
Pretty flowers, playa Maya.
Our awesome, awesome matching tees, Chichen Itza.
My brother Jake and my Dad jumping into the Cenote freshwaters, just next to the ruins of Chichen Itza.
Us boating around Isla Mujeres.
Crazy amounts of fish, Isla Mujeres
Estoy manejando? Siempre manejo!
One of the MILLIONS of iguana lizard beasts in the Yucatan. They were everywhere. Tulum ruins.
Some mad underwater camera picture taking skills, Yalku bay.
At our condo, the "Casa Iguana" on our 2 year aniversary (!)



7 comments:
Love the pics. We should start scrimping & saving for the next trip!
Gorgeous Pics!! And Happy anniversary! I'm so happy you finally got to go on your mexican vacation! And yes, the iguanas are freaky, but what about wrestling a cat shark?! That's pretty freaky too.
Beautiful pictures! Looks like something you would see in a magazine! :)
Wow, that looks so fun! If global warming means Utah will look like that, I'm all for it.
Gorgeous pics! It looks like a travel commercial. So glad you had a good trip, you guys are great!
Looks like a great trip. I'm glad you guys had fun!
WOWWWW! I had NO idea Mexico was that beautful. I really thought the picture of everyone jumping in the fresh waters wasn't real. What an awesome trip!!! Next time I'm hiding in your suitcase and coming along.
Post a Comment