Let me start by saying Chris is so caring and thoughtful, and also so sneaky for being able to hide my surprise bday present! For some time now, I've been saving my pennies for a Nikon D series camera. An SLR, and in my opinion, the mother of SLRs. When I shot for the daily universe, I used a Nikon D100, and have been craving one for my very own ever since.
For my birthday wishes, I sent Chris a list of ideas, mostly duvet covers that I want, like this ultra cute one below..
{west elm I adore thee}
So when he gave me my present on Nov 6th (a day early, to heighten the surprise?) I was expecting an array of cute sheets and linens. Nope, a fancy new camera already shooting a video of my reaction. And let me tell you, no one will ever see said video. I balled. Over a camera, ridiculous I know. So as of late, I have been trigger happy shooting glamour shots of miniature items and overdocumenting all family events.
Yay aperture, shutter and iso!
bday bash






7 comments:
CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting. And I completely understand crying about a camera. It's not so much the camera, it's just that you've been thinking (and dreaming and drooling) about it for a long time and then it finally became yours!! Looking forward to some fabulous pictures.
And happy birthday!
Hurrah for cameras!
I'm sure Neil would cry if I got him an expensive lens for Christmas. :)
Happy Birthday! We sure miss you at Project. :)
Yeah!! What a thoughtful husband! And I've totally almost cried over things similar, so don't be embarassed in the least! Congrats, and have fun!!!
HUZZAH! I cried when my parents gave me my first cell phone for Christmas when I was a freshman in college. Hahaha. It was the weirdest thing in the world--and I hadn't even been wishing for one! I will never live that one down, because it too was filmed. My family thinks it's positively hilarious. I can't wait to see more pictures! :)
I really enjoy your website and want to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of (http://chrisandamywelsh.blogspot.com/) would be interested in.
Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com
That Chris is an amazing son/husband/son-in-law. He is truly one of the most celestial people I have ever known. Ever. Right up there with Jim Kelly. But he gives way more normal presents!
Post a Comment