Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Good News and a Ski Trip

Let's start with the good news (who doesn't like good news?). I got a job offer! Praise the heavens. And it only took 6 months of applying to several jobs a week. Yikes. I am gonna be an out patient specialist at the Neurology clinic at the University of Utah hospital! (and I'll get a pay increase and benefits-health, vision, dental, disability, retirement..whoa) I guess the last six months was worth the wait. I start on Monday, March 8th and couldn't be more excited!

Also we took a ski trip with our friends Ash and Chris at Canyons...yay for Ash working for Summit County (free skiing!). Maybe I shoulda held out and worked for Summit County...hmm.




And randomly...just incase you needed a good laugh. Here is me in actual freight of getting hit by a passing trolley in SF. Hanging on the side is a scary way to travel!
And there you have it. Good news, good trip, and a good laugh.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

those trolleys are scary. and i'm so happy for you! yay for no more crazy early mornings.

Kristine Bunting said...

Awesome about the job! So excited for you!

Sara Newton said...

I forgot to tell you congrats on facebook, but congrats! I'm so glad you don't have to drive so much every day!!

rachel b. said...

Yay for jobs! That's awesome, congratulations! Hopefully you won't be taking the trolley in to work, it looks pretty dangerous . . .

Lauren Davison said...

Congrats on the job! That is so fantastic! I'm jealous of the benefits! SO. COOL.

Tim and Johanna said...

Congratulations!

Nat said...

Oh my gosh, what great job benefits! How did you find this job??

Amy Jane said...

I applied as an external candidate (non student) at the University of Utah's employment page - http://www.hr.utah.edu/careers/. But I applied to m-a-n-y before I even got an interview for one. Crazy job market I tell ya!

FabFrugalFood said...

Yay for you, but sad for us in Utah County that we won't have your presence every single weekday.

Let's have a celebration lunch SOON!

Kate said...

Felicidades!