Friday, January 22, 2010

No, it's not what you think.

It's not baby time yet for the Welsh fam, but I thought I'd give all my friends who are planning to be parents in the next two years a heads up.
Aflac (supplemental maternity insurance) is pulling out of Utah! Too many babies apparently {shocker}. As of February 12th ((<--- updated!)) they are no longer covering Utah clients, so if you ever wanted supplemental insurance (and to be paid 3-5k) and you're planning on having your baby in a hospital..I'd get on it. Just a heads up.

Head here for Utah supplemental plans.

Or here for Utah maternity insurance.

6 comments:

Nat said...

Whoa! Thanks for the heads up! We already have Aflac but I was thinking about cancelling it. Now I am definitely keeping it!

Sarah said...

whoa. i didn't know that they were leaving. makes sense though. good thing we have it already!

Katie Rod said...

hahaha...thanks for the news. I keep meaning to get it when I am planning to have kids and then remember when it's too late. :) It's kind of funny that there are too many babies being born there, so they are pulling out.

The Yospe's said...

Hey,

We're on Aflac now. Kate's due in June. Where did you hear they no longer were going to cover Utahn clients? I couldn't find anything online about it.

Jordan

Amy Jane said...

Hi Jordan. I heard from a friend that they were pulling out, so I called my work's Aflac representative, and he confirmed that they are indeed pulling hospital maternity coverage. They are still taking new applicants as of right now, but they will no longer take any new applicants after February 12th (updated, not the 15th). If you are already on Aflac, you are covered. I'd talk to your rep to verify, but he (Patric, based in Sandy, 688-4416) said that if you're signed up already you're good to go.

Hope that helps. (and no, it's not being advertised online).

FabFrugalFood said...

But, hey ---- as long as you have the insurance . . . .

:)