Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh the escape

I just got back from Tucson, AZ and let me tell you..it was amazing. The warmth, the family, the food, the wonderful grandparents, the good times. The only draw back was that Chris was actually in Ohio interviewing. We were in quite the polar opposite all the long weekend. He was in record low temperatures for Columbus, OH. After not packing for such weather, Chris was forced to put on ALL of the garments he had brought. You heard me.

I, however, was in a blissful 74-80 degree temperature all weekend long. It was heaven. Then I realized I had to come back, and for a second thought, "hmm. Why don't we live in Tucson?" And then I remembered. The summers. Too hot to handle (at least for my whimpy self).

I had to come back to the usual freezation. Electric blankets. Slippers. Heated rice bags. Scraping my windshield, and forgetting to do it ahead of time, thus being late to work, oy.

However, I have realized, this week is going to be great. Mainly because....my favorite show of all time, LOST is coming back. Tomorrow night. Can't wait.
Call me crazy, but we even have a Lost action figure (not a doll.. no, no..). Hurley is one of our fave characters (along with Desmond, Charlie..I could go on). Thanks Kate and Neil for the sweet, sweet xmas present.
Anyone interested in having a Lost party, please, let's be friends. We like congregating with people who share a common obsession. It's a hobby.

8 comments:

Johanna said...

We want to come to your LOST party!! I'm so nervous though from what I've seen in the previews...Yikes - can't wait!!

Amanda Duke said...

LOST is our fave! I am so stoked for tonight!

Lauren Davison said...

HA! I love LOST, too. But I usually forget when it comes on. I didn't even know it was starting again tonight. Which is why I usually end up watching them online. :) That being said, I may just be giving you a call tonight....

p.s. my verification word was "hater." Hahaha.

Megan said...

Oh how I would love to have a lost party! If only we lived in P-Town. I am so sad because I have to go to mutual (young womens) tonight, and I'm going to miss it! Would it be sinful to say I'm sick so I can stay home and watch lost? I guess I can always watch it online later...but it's just not the same!

Kate said...

The real question is...why don't we live in San Diego where is is approximately 72degrees AT ALL TIMES.

LOST sure is setting us up for a wild ride this season. I'm not sure any fair-weather fans can handle it.

Luckily Neil & I commandeered the law school lounge TV to watch the entire thing. It was pretty great!

Mark and Tammy said...

you guys are welcome here anytime you are traveling to watch LOST. It is always a great show and why shouldn't it be. I have been counting down the days for it to start back up and so it did. Great kick off to the season and I cant wait to see what they have in store for us-PS love the action hero doll of Hurley-wouldn't have saw that one coming

Our Famdango said...

It was way too much fun, Amy!!! Let's go back!

TD Quong said...

RAR, I do that too! I always forget that I need to scrape my windshield and am consistently late for work 5 minutes. Stinking ice and snow....
We will get working on LOST so we can be better friends with you two. Thanks for letting us borrow it!